fz6r mpg

Johnfz6r

What are yall seeing?

I am at 954 miles now so from what i read it should be setteling down. Last two tanks have been really good. This last tank I got 52.4 mpg thats all 2 lane driving with going through 3 town twice a day and most of the riding going around 65 now this isn't driving like a old lady or anything and includes the passing (droping it down to 4th and grabbing some stick :thumbup:) so I was really happy with it. Tank before was just a bit over 47 that may have been lower because I spent some unfun miles in I-85 doing 80-90 for a good bit.

S

Smittyboy

At first, you gotta break the motor in!!! Constant rpm's=unfun for motor! You gotta mix it up! Just my 2c.

Johnfz6r

I am already past the major breakin point 600 miles the book says to keep it under 7k for the first 1000 miles but the dealer said I was really good to go after the first 600. Either way does the break in effect gas milage? I just assumed it was more for longevity of the motor and performance.

S

Smittyboy

If the engine performs better... That means the seals are tighter, and trapping more gas... Less blowby=more efficient;)