FZ6R Front seat removal

MNDZA

Does anyone know how to take off the front seat of the FZ6R? I have no manual and need to get to my rear shock. Please note this is for the front seat of the FZ6R.

C

CravenMoorhead

Hello,

Use the key to "unlock" the rear seat portion. It is on the middle left side of your bike under the seat, the key lock that is.

After you remove the rear seat portion the front seat will come off just as the rear lip lifts from the back portion the front lip fo the forward seat portion will lift off. I made that sound harder than it is.

Fyi, you do not have to remove the seat to adjust your rear shock...(other than to get at the toolkit but that is in the rear portion.)

Who knows, your manual might be under the rear seat! I put mine there for my ride home from the dealer when I first picked up my bike.

good luck

MNDZA

I'm having a hard time understanding your directions for the front seat, but please tell me how to adjust the shock without taking off the seat. Thanks!

C

CravenMoorhead

Take your seat off and get the two piece tool for the rear shock preload. It looks like a hook or letter C

" To decrease the spring preload and therby soften the suspension, turn the adjusting ring in direction B (away from you while you are at the right back of the bike or clockwise looking down from the top of the shock)

align the appropriate notch in the adjusting ring with the position indicator on the shock absorber.

use the special wrench and extension bar included....

warnings and tamper stuff blah blah blah..."

the way i adjusted my rear shock was to use the wrench on the shock putting the hook part in one of the notched in the shock and twisting it (to the right or counterclockwise for harder/stiffer). I accessed those notches on the shock from the right rear of the bike over the swingarm.

hope this assists in your understanding of the procedure.

MNDZA

Hello,

Use the key to "unlock" the rear seat portion. It is on the middle left side of your bike under the seat, the key lock that is.

After you remove the rear seat portion the front seat will come off just as the rear lip lifts from the back portion the front lip fo the forward seat portion will lift off. I made that sound harder than it is.

Fyi, you do not have to remove the seat to adjust your rear shock...(other than to get at the toolkit but that is in the rear portion.)

Who knows, your manual might be under the rear seat! I put mine there for my ride home from the dealer when I first picked up my bike.

good luck
I just figured out why the seat wouldn't come off. You need to remove the two little screws first and then it comes off the way you said.

C

CravenMoorhead

Unless you are adjusting your seat height, you don't need to remove that bottom plastic support under the front half seat to remove the front seat.

The front half of the seat comes off without any unbolting/unscrewing...