Need Help FZ6R 2014 model hard starting and dies when touching the trohotol

Cjbike

I started checking for fuel and removed the pump. I know i replaced it a week ago but want to make sure i didn't miss any thing. I noticed the feul filter is inside the fuel pump housing, i never seen this before. Its a sealed unit so i can't replace the filter but i need to check the condition of the filter before moving to next step. So what i have done is neatly cutting open the bottom of the plastic housing where filter sits, i have never seen a filter so old and damaged. I also noted that the pressure valve does not open. Its rusted closed. I removed the pressure valve and cleaned all the rust and it seems to be properly opening and closing now. I removed the old fuel filter and replaced the plastic bottom. I used my solder to melt the plastic together. I will get a normal in line fuel filter but for now i really want to see if the problem is sorted. I had a call out so was unable to test the bike. Hopefully tomorrow morning i can test and let you know. Thanks for the advice so far.

bigddy263

Yikes, sounds like you opened a can of worms, hope it works out.

Cjbike

Yikes, sounds like you opened a can of worms, hope it works out.
After replacing the O ring inside the fuel pump housing she runs great. driven about 4000km after replacing the O ring and no problems so far.
Only thing i realized this morning, every time i switch the bike off and let it sit for about 5minutes then start it up die cluster would reset. Time reset to 01:00 and trip km 0. Its like the battery was disconnected, not sure what could be the problem as i checked the battery terminals tight, battery new and has lot of volts when starting the bike.

SamC_09

I started checking for fuel and removed the pump. I know i replaced it a week ago but want to make sure i didn't miss any thing. I noticed the feul filter is inside the fuel pump housing, i never seen this before. Its a sealed unit so i can't replace the filter but i need to check the condition of the filter before moving to next step. So what i have done is neatly cutting open the bottom of the plastic housing where filter sits, i have never seen a filter so old and damaged. I also noted that the pressure valve does not open. Its rusted closed. I removed the pressure valve and cleaned all the rust and it seems to be properly opening and closing now. I removed the old fuel filter and replaced the plastic bottom. I used my solder to melt the plastic together. I will get a normal in line fuel filter but for now i really want to see if the problem is sorted. I had a call out so was unable to test the bike. Hopefully tomorrow morning i can test and let you know. Thanks for the advice so far.
Anymore issues with the bike? Bought an ‘09 with 800miles that had been sitting. Took out fuel pump now she won’t stay cranked like a fuel delivery issue. Gonna go through fuel pump again today so just curious how yours is doing.