Fuel Guage

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

im not sure how accurate they are in general. Kinda remind me of boat gauges, really just an esimate. I have had a similar issue but maybe not to that degree. I will get on the bike and it will show 3 bars, once i star rolling for a couple minutes i look down and there is 1 bar etc.

Cstewart101

I use the bars as a guide. But generally I know that I can get 190 miles usually before fill up. And that's with the last bar blinking. But yea sometimes the bar goes from 6 to 5. Then back to 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Dont forget fuel sloshes around the tank, evaporates, recondenses etc
All manner of things effect the fuel.

But if you continue to have inconsistencies in fuel volumes,
Check the lines, filter even the fuel intake inside the tank.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Never had a problem with mine being inaccurate. I get ~25 miles per bar. I dont count the bars till about 10 minutes into riding since I can be starting up with 6 bars but actually be 5 with the tank to the side. It doesnt change immediately though. Once I am down to reserve, I fill my tank with an average of 3.5 gallons of gas +/- .2 .

I would worry there might be some debris in your tank if you think you are reading incorrectly. I would try to run the bike to its reserve and immediately run to a gas station to see if the bike is around its point where the reserve is supposed to kick in.

latony007

Well I filled up before going to work and am on 3rd bar. I know it's only an estimate which is why I reset the trip meter every fill up. Never had it this far off until recently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
ok thats not what i am talking about, you have an issue. If you filled it up and its only showing 3 bars. I think there could be some dirt or something clogging or blocking your sensor.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

That's what I was thinking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Happens to me in the motorhome with the waste tank meter thingy. However the solution for that of just blasting the tank with a high pressure hose wont work for the bike :(