front end diving??

mwilkins_2000

hi im a hevier guy at 240lbs i have no problem with the bike except i notice when i close the throttle the front end drops dramatically and i cant find any adjustment???

R

Ryan T

Define dramatically.

I'm sitting at 215 and at high speeds I end up dipping in the front as well when closing the throttle. It doesn't seem drastic in most cases, it is directly proportional to how fast I was going. It's all about the transference of weight and the change in the center of gravity. At least that's my take on it.

With the engine breaking along with the instant decrease in throttle input that transfer of weight would probably feel pretty significant.

MNDZA

hi im a hevier guy at 240lbs i have no problem with the bike except i notice when i close the throttle the front end drops dramatically and i cant find any adjustment???
I weigh the same, but I don't notice any dramatic drop in the front end. Maybe you're putting excessive weight on the handlebars. I hold the grips tight, but don't really put any downward pressure.

mwilkins_2000

by dramatic i mean like two inches of play on the forks between open and closed throttle and most any speed.. is there any adjustment at all?? would stiffening the back help the transfer of weight at all

fz6rwolf

Stiffening the back I don't think will help the front forks any, and no there's no adjustment for front. Only option is upgrading the front.

fz6r rider

When you ride do you lean forward or "lay down" on the tank? if so this could be a reason why...releasing throttle will slow down forward motion but if your body is over the center of the bike to the front this would explain a "drastic" dip. I find that curving your back (chest against tank and then pulling shoulders back) is the best way to avoid an dramatic dip

phocoyote7

I'm 250lbs and don't notice anything dramatic dip in front like you state. So maybe is your riding position like others mentioned. Also might be grabbing more front brake than you need :confused:

fz6r rider

i went out today and tried to make the front end dive the only thing that would make my bike dive is if i was ripping in 5th or 6th gear and i completely closed the throttle thats the only thing i could think of that would make it dive that or rippin on the brake. try a different stance with a smoother throttle response (unless its an emergency stop) theres no reason to completely close the throttle at that speed

fz6r rider

So i went riding witht he crew today (5 leader bikes and me haha) had a great time went on a 60 mile run. We decided to see the difference in acceleration since we all know top speed on a leader will kill our bikes but regardless it was fun to fool around. any way started on an onramp dead stop holding clutch and rippin on the throttle. Release throttle and off we go now I'm sure you've all seen how rider shifts when racing (not pretty) Long story short the front end did dive but not so much to cause any concern. I ended up loosing lol but it was a blast. And before anyone says it I know what im doing I've dragged before:thumbup:

MNDZA

So i went riding witht he crew today (5 leader bikes and me haha) had a great time went on a 60 mile run. We decided to see the difference in acceleration since we all know top speed on a leader will kill our bikes but regardless it was fun to fool around. any way started on an onramp dead stop holding clutch and rippin on the throttle. Release throttle and off we go now I'm sure you've all seen how rider shifts when racing (not pretty) Long story short the front end did dive but not so much to cause any concern. I ended up loosing lol but it was a blast. And before anyone says it I know what im doing I've dragged before:thumbup:
Liter.

Leader a cola.....leader a cola<-----Guess the movie

fz6r rider

super troopers lol

N

Nooj

Don't know if you have the same susspension to the Euro bikes, but I found the bike to be very under damped at both the front and the rear. For the front end using heavier fork oil will help, but I think you may need some beefier springs if you're a heavyweight.

Of course there's no point in changing the front if you're not going to change the rear as well, front and rear susspension MUST work together if you are to have a well ballanced, ridable bike. You will need to increase the rear rebound damping, the only way to do that is to fit a shock absorber with more adjustment, but I assume the bike is still too new for anyone to make an aftermarket shock yet?

As a cheap alternative, what MAY work (and I say MAY as I haven't looked to see if they are interchangable) is fitting the forks and rearshock from the original shape FZ6 Fazer which has a much more controlled ride.

Pizz

This site will solve all your suspension problems:

RACE TECH PRODUCT SEARCH

Click on the "Custom Fork and Rear Shock Spring Calculation and Available Rates " in red and enter your info. It will tell you what springs you should be running. The suspension on this bike is designed for the 140-170 lb rider. Anyone in the 200+ lbs range will see big benefits from stiffer spring in the forks and the rear shock.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member