First mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnfz6r

Well when I bought my faster black fz6r I figured I would go ahead and add another 100hp by getting the tinted raised windshield. I was worried when it came in and I pulled it outta the box, but I must say it looks nice.

Also as a FYI to those of us that are looking for after market support for our bikes I emailed a bunch of exhaust manufactures and so far I have only got replies from scorpion who said that right now they had no plans to make a exhaust unless it becomes "popular" Yoshimura said straight up no and ktrtuned said they wouldn't know until after summer. I will keep everybody who cares in the loop with what I find out.

Johnfz6r

no the raised part is just a bit higher its dark now but tomorrow I will get a pick of it from the side.

fz6rwolf

It does look good.:thumbup:

L

LERecords

yea.. looks good.. got a pic of what it looked like before from that angle??

N

nccoder

Looks great! Hey! It looks like you fairing has inlets for air to the airbox. Is this true.

The bike looks really nice.

Johnfz6r

yea.. looks good.. got a pic of what it looked like before from that angle??
http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6r-general-discussion/13764-hello-all.html

That was pics from the first day I brought her home.

Looks great! Hey! It looks like you fairing has inlets for air to the airbox. Is this true.
It seams like I read some where in the manual that they are the intakes to the air box.

here is pix of the new windshield from the side.

V

vdbergj1

Look GR8! Please let us know what you think of the wind behind the new one and the difference in having a dark windshield. Thanx for the customer exhaust info, I'm checking it out as well.

O-turn

Partier
Looks awesome! I would love to hear what you find out regarding exhausts as well. Just got my bike friday, put 17 miles on it on my local hotels parking lot. Still learning, but I did great for first and second day on a bike...

fuzzylogic

Also as a FYI to those of us that are looking for after market support for our bikes I emailed a bunch of exhaust manufactures and so far I have only got replies from scorpion who said that right now they had no plans to make a exhaust unless it becomes "popular" Yoshimura said straight up no and ktrtuned said they wouldn't know until after summer. I will keep everybody who cares in the loop with what I find out.
damnit to hell.....

i really want a pipe for my bike!

grats on the windscreen btw. i was wondering how that would look on our bikes.

reiobard

have anyone determined what engine they used for the FZ6R yet? if it is a re-tuned FZ6 engine or an R6 engine then you can probably mod an R6 side or underbody exhaust to work.

fz6rwolf

have anyone determined what engine they used for the FZ6R yet? if it is a re-tuned FZ6 engine or an R6 engine then you can probably mod an R6 side or underbody exhaust to work.
It's a detuned last gen R6 engine.

Johnfz6r

Well I have a couple of hundred miles with the new windshield. I must say it is pretty nice, it points the wind right to the top of my helmet (and i mean very top) I am 5'11. Noise wise can't really tell that much of a diffrence. But over all its nice to not geat beat in the chest/neck area with wind. I dig it overall I would give it 4 outta 5 stars!

Status
Not open for further replies.