Finally went Naked!!

dste0395

Naked bike 1.jpg

Naked bike 2.jpg

Naked bike 3.jpg

Naked bike 4.jpgI finally went naked yesterday and I have to tell you I could not be happier. I will post pics as they load to my email. I am having to small issues with my headlight assembly and my instrument cluster and I am hoping that someone can assist me with either ideas or a parts list of things that they may have used in their build. I used the stock FZ6R headlamp and cluster, but removed every bit of plastic.
As you can see I also worked a way to add the stock turn signals to the front headlight housing, would like feedback on what your thoughts are on the look.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

I prefer the fairings but i like this look too. And yeah the turn signals look good mounted there. Perfect spot for em.

FZ6R_Mike

Looks good! Im trying to figure out how to mount the headlight properly to the forks so it doesn't bounce around

dste0395

Looks good! Im trying to figure out how to mount the headlight properly to the forks so it doesn't bounce around
I went to Lowes and bought 1 1/4 inch electrical brackets and then purchased some pipe wrap, it's rubber with a sticky side. Look at my pics and you can see I measured about an inch down from the top of the fork. Use the rubber strips under the brackets to avoid vibration and sliding. Also protects from scratching. You can get the sticky pipe rubber from the plumbing department. I will try and put together a parts list to post.

jponza

i'm curious, how much lighter is the bike without the fairings?

dste0395

That is a great question? I need to figure it out because I can definitely tell a difference. It feels more like my ninja 250 now as far as where I can put it and when. Still heavier than the ninja obviously, but more nimble.

Ckerd

Looks good man. Itll be sweet if u can do a write up and get some
More pictures of how you mounted the headlight and cluster.
How is it on highway speed?

dste0395

I don't ever take the highway; however, in town I still get up to around 65. The bike feels much lighter, but of course there is a bit of wind buffetting that didn't occur before. I really like the way it rides now more than when the fairings were on. Plus my left knee always hit up against the fairing on that side and never did feel comfortable, now it does. I will put together a parts list and post how I did things. I took pics as I went along, but still need to figure out the instrument cluster. It is on the bike, just not sturdy enough for my liking.

wtnotch

~

~418 lbs for mine.

I don't have a 'real' scale, but rolling the front/rear separately onto the highly accurate to .0000001 pounds bathroom scale gave me a 212 for the front and a 206 for the rear. The gas tank is about half full. I need to find a real scale.

In addition to the stock panels/parts removed, my bike has a Corbin seat, rear sets and a somewhat custom headlight setup.

Russ

Your bike looks brutal! The more pics I see of street fighters, the more I want to loose all non essentials on my bike.

dste0395

I want to tell you now that I have been riding it like this for about 2.5 weeks and It actually handles better without the windscreen, I can't explain it but it is almost like all side to side push and buffetting is gone. I am also now using an HJC IS-33 helmet and I don't get beat around at all. Normally I wear a Scorpion 500 series, but wanted something a bit cooler in the summer. One funny thing though, this morning I smelled something burning and looked under the bike and had a frog wrapped around one of the 4 exposed pipes. Guess fairings did help for something, now I have to scrape him off.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

FZ6R_Mike

Ok so I mounted my headlight to the forks with the brackets u used but now my headlight is pointing towards the sky. I adjusted the screws on the back but can't get it down far enough. How did u get ur light in the right position?

As for the gauge cluster, I bought smaller brackets and mounted it right the the handlebars.

dste0395

Ok so I mounted my headlight to the forks with the brackets u used but now my headlight is pointing towards the sky. I adjusted the screws on the back but can't get it down far enough. How did u get ur light in the right position?

As for the gauge cluster, I bought smaller brackets and mounted it right the the handlebars.
Ok, you are almost there, sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. Trying to sell the ole homestead.

The bracket you need is in the furniture department of Home Depot, but I am trying like crazy to get a part number for you. You have to undo the top screws on the side of the headlamp and put these brackets on each side which pushes the top part of the lamp down. I will see if I have a picture of this I can upload for you. If not, hang tight a day or so and I will get you one. If you have found a way to do it in the meantime let me know.

FZ6R_Mike

I made up some L brackets to fit in between the top clamp and twisted them so I could mount the headlight. Then I used another bracket to mount the bottom to the horn bracket to steady the light. I would still like to see what u used for ur bike.

Detrich

Nice job!

:)

dste0395

I made up some L brackets to fit in between the top clamp and twisted them so I could mount the headlight. Then I used another bracket to mount the bottom to the horn bracket to steady the light. I would still like to see what u used for ur bike.
I will try and take a picture for you tonight and upload. I have tried like crazy to find the exact bracket on Homedepot.com, as I got them from the furniture section. I guess I will have to run up there and take a picture of one for you. You shouldn't have to use but one bracket per side, out of the top screw.