filter and yamaha filter wrench

W

whatever

picked up some oil change parts today.

oem filter 5jw-13440-00

k&n 56-0204

i see the k&n filter is not as tall as the stock filter.

yamaha wrench 17070 says suz& on the invoice. feel the tool a must have less drama.

shop manual was ordered should be here on the 6th. $93 big ones.... but it will pay for itself in no time.

plan on doing as less mods as possible, remove a sticker or 2...install pro grip tank protector and thats about it.

change oil when needed.....put gas in the bike and enjoy the ride.

oh.... on the tank pad from pro grip i cut the bottom tab and they seem to work better..... i lose the fin tail on the bottom one

Last edited by a moderator:
W

whatever

does anybody know if the number i posted for the stock filter is correct.... thats what the dealer sold me...

i thought i saw a different number posted on this thread
somewhere.... might have to check before i install the filter.

W

whatever

parts guy sold me the wrong filter number....that sucks the dealer is 65 miles away.

need more break in miles anyway... now maybe i can see how much there asking for my 2010 ninja.

Superzoom

Hey Whatever,

Do you know how much it costs just for the filter wrench? I'd like to get one if it's not too crazy.

W

whatever

took ride up to the dealer to change out the filter and get the right one.... nice 90 mile round trip have no problem with the seat or the windshield.... only been up to 64mph or so.

bike had 385 miles when i returned so i figured it was good time to change the oil..... oil came out real dark and you could see alot of metal but thats normal after break in.....

to change the oil i just removed the 2 bolts on theleft side and i also removed the black front cowl bolts...... next time i will just remove the 2 bolts i don't think you need to remove the front black cowl.

glad i bought the cap wrench for the filter every thing came off pretty easy..... factory filter and 3 qts of 10/40 yamalube....

i know how the bike moves between 5 and 6 grand...... so after i break 600 miles... start to see how the bike pulls from 5500 to 7000 rpm..

been going easy but im always very the rpm no constant thottle.... no holding at one set speed..
no highway if i am on the interstate i go 45 up to 60 back down to 45 and then to 60 again been doing
that for 385 miles.

only was on the highway once for maybe 15/20 miles..... to keep up with the traffic i would be going over the break in rpm and i been going by the book..... i felt the rings are being stressed enough at 5 and 6 when i have been very the rpm..

didn't want to feel all the power right away what the motor has to offer runnng the bike past 5800/6000 grand.... wanted to have something to look forward too down the road.... and like i said before it pulls nice from 5 to 6 felt pretty fast.

and you guys know the bikes i had.... must been awhile . lol

oh my ninja 250 was already sold when i got there..... less then 4 days.... i think the salesmen said some girl bought the bike.

the bike was tricked out i did all the work

yosh full system carbon can
bmc air filter
dyno jet kit

she will be real happy with it went from pulling to 11000 to pulling to mid 13000... limited editions green and white one.

buy the right tools.. i don't see why some of you guys poke the filter with screwdriver and stuff...... there is not alot room in there so it's nice to just put the 3/8 instention on the cap makes the job go real smooth.

oh if you decide to remove the front center cowl be carefull i almost striped one of the small bolts putting the cover back on had to remove the clip to clean the

threads alittle.

oem filter # 5gh-13440-00

oil fil wrnch suz & # 17070 fits on real tight and not that bad at all to remove

215 miles to go 600 can"t wait....will be taking to more runs today one in the mountains and one in the city.... after tonight should be close. !!!

wll change oil again at 1000 miles and then 2000 mile........ will install a higher quality oil at that time.

later

oh on the fuel gage... looks like about every bar is a gallon if you ball park it.

love this bike more and more every day ,!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
W

whatever

thats weird the bike ran much better with the break in oil in there. ... just took a 20 mile ride and the motor seem noisery not as smooth and the fan ran more.... i guess with all that metal and junk in there it filled alot of gaps.... acted like stp oil treatment... must of been thick with all like crap in there.

i was thinking to my self as i was pouring the yamalube 10/40 in there i was sayin boy this stuff looks thin nd waterer.... nothing like the rottela i was using in the ninja 15/40 wt.... i guess if i had any balls i would just crack that drain plug open and add some rottela thats in that gal jug in my garage.

don't plan on using what every oil i use for the miles on break in..... after break in was thinking maybe bel ray, golden spreco or motual.

was not sure with the wet clutch if it would be go to use rottela..... what a big different in the look of the rottela over the yamalube when you are pouring it in.

well the nights still young .lol the manual said no diseal oil and rottela is for diseal also.

any advice out there ?

W

whatever

all good i installed the rottela 15/40 wt oil read my post in general for details.