Exhaust

Boba the fett

I just picked up a 2013 FZ6R and I'm in love! Will putting an exhaust on give me some more low end response? Also do 2009 headers fit 2013 in order to put on a slip on?

Having literally just put a 2003 R6 header with a straight through style slip on, better get a fuel controller. It robbed me of low end grunt. There’s countless threads on the exhaust installations but..I would definitely wait until you can at least get the Power Commander Fuel Controller, mine ran like a pig without it. Now that I’m running Marthys map, I’ve got more power than ever. Personally, speaking from experience, if I were you, I’d drop a tooth in the front sprocket before anything else. Can’t talk good enough about that mod lol cheap and very effective.

Boba the fett

Thanks for the advice! My wife definitely appreciates cheap mods, I'm a man of many hobbies and not enough money. Do you by chance know what stock sprockets are? I am the second? owner of the ride and alas, someone did some shadetree hack jobs to this beauty. The exhaust I'm replacing is a hacked and welded cherry bomb if that tells you anything. I'm going to take your advice and throw a stocker on until I can grab a full exhaust and PC to be sure to dial it in.

I may be wrong but I think factory is 16/46 and I dropped one tooth in the front. Gas mileage does suffer though, If that matters to ya any.