Ever had someone...

Stricken

Ever had someone sit on your bike without your permission and without your knowledge? I took my bike to work today (I work for Best Buy) since the weather was nice. I parked it close to the exit so that no one in the parking lot would mess with it. My bike was clean and shiny since i have just washed and waxed it 2 days before. My day went well until I read a text message from my coworker who went home early. She said that there were people sitting on my bike and taking pics. I cursed out loud after reading the text. I realized that the text message was 20 min old and they would be gone by then. I checked my bike and it was full of fingerprints on the tank and a lot of marks on the passenger handle. God knows whatever the hell they did to my bike besides that. If you have similar experiences please share.

Yone

Not cool! I would be pi$$ed...

dstahlhut

Im the sales manager for a Yamaha dealership and you would not beleive what people do!!!!
We have our used bikes sitting outside and about once a month someone who has no business being on a bike will let one fall over onto another one. Or just start one up and rev it to the redline!!!! Very frustrationg since we own all of our used bikes and people dont care that they are screwing with a 5k+ machine. We have signs that say do not sit or start but nobody cares, people are thoughtless these days.:banghead:

FitZ6R

We have signs that say do not sit or start but nobody cares, people are thoughtless these days.:banghead:

Not to be argumentative, but every dealer I've been to allows customers to sit on the bikes.

They don't, however, leave the keys in them. :confused:

Craxican

Kids are the worst! they have to CLIMB up...And STUPID parents will let them do it!!! (Not all parents of course, but there are those few)

Bigevildoer

Amazing how an alarm will make people leave your bike alone pronto quick-like-a-bunny.
I've got it set to be very sensitive - if you sit on it (even without straightening it up) the alarm will go off... If you stand it up, well, it will go off guaranteed. I think the factory default is 15 degrees before it goes off.

Since you work in a place that's publicly accessible, I would consider investing in an alarm quickly. Lucky there were only finger prints and not scratches!

Stricken

Looking at my bike closer today and it has several scuff marks on the passenger handle bar. FML

cbzdel

I hate it when you have friends come over to your place and have the bike parked out front looking all spiffy after a nice polish job, and then you go inside and come out and they are pretending to be speed racer smudging it all up!!

Then again if it was a good looking girl I might let her get away with it, or maybe not and give her a spankin :thumbup:

JonKerr

Elite Member

GoGreen09

My experience is opposite this. Most of my coworkers own bikes, so when I first brought my bike to work they admired without touching. A couple of friends actually asked first before hopping on. I guess the riders just know what the bike means. Of course I do live in Richmond, CA, where there were 7 homicides in 4 days. :eek: And that was just last week!

Bigevildoer

I've been thinking about an alarm. I see in your sig you have a Gorilla alarm. How much was it and how's it work?
The Gorilla is non an expensive alarm.
Cost something like $100 with installation (just didn't want to mess around with it at the time). You can get it with a pager as well for around and extra $40.

It has a shock and tilt sensor on it. Bump it and it goes off, just like a car. Stand it up more than 15 degrees, and it goes off. Pretty loud, and it gets the job done!

later!

cavscout3

I have not found anyone sitting on my bike. I have on many times watched many people from a distance looking my bike over but they haven't tried to get on. It's less of a problem with where I work. Be a brave sole to get on my bike.

Eaglesfan1976

I bought a little sticker and stuck it on my gas tank that says...."If you value your life as much as i value this motorcycle....DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!!!!":mad:

neshi

I bought a little sticker and stuck it on my gas tank that says...."If you value your life as much as i value this motorcycle....DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!!!!":mad:
Like that lets see a pic!

neshi

It also happened to me went over to my moms house to change the battery on the VX535 I gave my little bro. My sister comes to the back were the garage is saying "your friend are strange!" "What friends?" I ask "The ones taking pics on your bike."

Lets just say a pissed of guy flailing a katana
in his hand work just as good as anything else.

bcultra

Ever had someone sit on your bike without your permission and without your knowledge? I took my bike to work today (I work for Best Buy) since the weather was nice. I parked it close to the exit so that no one in the parking lot would mess with it. My bike was clean and shiny since i have just washed and waxed it 2 days before. My day went well until I read a text message from my coworker who went home early. She said that there were people sitting on my bike and taking pics. I cursed out loud after reading the text. I realized that the text message was 20 min old and they would be gone by then. I checked my bike and it was full of fingerprints on the tank and a lot of marks on the passenger handle. God knows whatever the hell they did to my bike besides that. If you have similar experiences please share.
Yep, went and got a half cover, folds up small enough to fit in a tail bag.
heres an example
Kuryakyn PrimoShield Half Cover - DennisKirk.com