Engine Temperature

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
You are good. If its too high, it will say so ;) Just wait till summer, that fan will be working hard in city driving.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

MustGoFaster

That sucker gets HOT in the desert in summer, heh, but yeah, just follow the guidelines in yer manual. I notice in 60 degree weather I'm usually running around 180 or so.

BKP

The temps seem normal...

However, I've noticed after some hard riding tonight, even though the indicator is only at 207, the oil casing, the frame, even the fairing (particularly the right fairing), is extremely hot...

Is this typical?

Rookasaki

The temps seem normal...

However, I've noticed after some hard riding tonight, even though the indicator is only at 207, the oil casing, the frame, even the fairing (particularly the right fairing), is extremely hot...

Is this typical?
Yes, Normal.. Not sure if you have seen my vid's but I ride hard, and my temp gets pretty high.. Like you, my frame and fairing get's pretty hot....

r0ar

Yes, Normal.. Not sure if you have seen my vid's but I ride hard, and my temp gets pretty high.. Like you, my frame and fairing get's pretty hot....
You ride hard ? Never! Why would an officer of the law do such a thing

Chevyfazer

Last summer my bike tended to stay on the warmer side, so last week I flushed the coolant and replaced with pure water and Water-Wetter after hearing how well the stuff works. So I guess I will be seeing for myself here soon.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member