do u need a front stand for an exhaust mod?

bakkenlab

Im planning on putting some r6 headers on my fz6r and then attaching a slip on viper can. I was just curious if i absolutely need a front stand for this to work or is it possible to reach everything from just taking the fairings off? Also if i do need a stand, where is the best place to get one and how cheap can i find one?

PS. im going to make a how to guide of the process of installing the viper exhaust so you guys can see how i did it! thanks for the help!!!!

Y

yellowfz

No you don't absolutely need a front stand , all can be done from kickstand position . Harbor Freight makes a cheap one .

JSP

Super Moderator
No stand needed. Heck, I had to strip my entire exhaust off and replace the oil pan on my new R6 and I didnt use one... No real need for one. A rear will get the bike up and straight. You can do it without any stand if you wanted to.

Spunky99

No stand needed. Heck, I had to strip my entire exhaust off and replace the oil pan on my new R6 and I didnt use one... No real need for one. A rear will get the bike up and straight. You can do it without any stand if you wanted to.
I did it without a stand of any kind...

MikeN02

None needed, I still don't have a front stand yet still using the cheap HF one.

Though it would make your life easier if you got stands, especially the rear for chain cleaning. You can access the headers and everything but you need to get on the ground. Only reason I'm getting a front stand is to raise my bike back up.

bakkenlab

awesome! thanks so much for the input guys! i appreciate it