Decals Removable?

G

gggplaya

Hey guys,
Currently i have an 04 GSXR 600 which i love. I'm getting very proficient with riding it, not just being able to get from point A to point B, but actually having great control in corners. I'm 25 years old and am getting older, the supersport just doesn't really fit my personality. I love to ride, and have a little fun, but mostly just love to ride. My hands get numb on the gixxer after an hour, 2 hours of riding is my limit on the gixxer. I'm looking at the FZ6r so i can commute all the time and get more riding in on a day. Also, taking some long road trips from PA to GA to visit my best friend. Can't do that on a Gixxer.

On to my question, i want to buy the white FZ6R but they put a girly decal on it. I've removed small dealer decals from my cars in the past, do these large decals come off easily with soap, water, and hair dryer?

How much do you think i'll get for my gixxer? 2004 GSXR 600 16k miles(i ride alot). Previous owner beat it up a bit(nothing major), i fixed to to almost stock besides the muffler. The plastics are scratched a bit, but not by me. No scuffs from going down or anything.

N

NakedJ

i've used a hairdryer in the past to soften the decal/glue up and they generally all come off relatively easy and in one piece

S

shreveport1

hairdryer work's good.I used a pressure washer to peel the corner then just peeled them off in one peice they are made of vinly so they are tough and the glue stayed on them also (mostly anyway) a quick wipe with some kerosene and it was done then a good soapy bath.nothin to it!:D

F

Fz6Sa

+42 on the hair-dryer/heat-gun. I then use wd40 to remove any glue gunk left.

N

notjohndavid

+4891984198241298

soften the adhesive with heat. hair dryer works. heat gun is better

G

gggplaya

thanks guys, i'll probably end up trading here soon depending on what the dealer will give me as a trade in. I may end up selling my bike privately during the summer for about $5k depending on what the dealer offers.

D

DaveK

on a side note..any 1 have pic of a black fazer with the red and white tick thing removed fron the front fairing?

D

DaveK

Ive just taken my tank decals and side decals off the bike, hairdryer finger nails and wd 40.

took the best part of 10 minutes....soo easy i cant believe i took me 1 year to get round to it

V

vdbergj1

Something like this? Sorry , bad fast paint job but you got me thinking because I have a pearl white Mazda2 and a same FZ6R would be cool but I hate the fairy stripes. The decals on the blue bike but only black and grey would be great on the pearl white.

Attachments

badongo

I have the yellow fz6r and wasnt a big fan of the decals either. They looked very "power rangers"

10 minutes and a heatgun took care of business.

The trick is to start at the tip prehead and try to get the entire sticker off without tearing. It takes some practice, but fairly easy at the end.

If you have some residue left, use some WD40 to get rid of it.

Hope this helps

Johnfz6r

I didn't have a heat gun available to me so I had to go at it with the hair dryer. I may have not gotten it hot enough but I had ALOT of the glue left after the decals came off and wd-40 didn't get it off for me so I had to use goo be gone and wash it several times back and forth. Hopefully yours comes off easier than mine did.

badongo

The heatgun is the way to go. It pretty much melted the glue. I had almost no clean up work to do afterwards.

I didn't own a heatgun either so I drove down to the place where I bought the bike and asked if I could use theirs. They were really cool about it and said "go for it"