Decal or no decal... Thoughts?

roundhouse

the first thing i did was take mine off. i like it a lot. i want to black out all of the bolt heads on the bike too. i am just worried about paint chipping and looking sloppy.

here is mine with the decals gone. i like your red striping on the wheels.

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

I still haven't gotten around to peeling off the decals on my pearl white 6R. I like the blank slate look it gives, plus I want to design my own decals for it. If I end up painting the bike (which it looks like I've found a way to do, but not too thrilled about the amount of work it'll take. lol

jman

Just peeled them today! I definitely like the look better. It was super easy too. I let the bike sit in the sun for a while and they came right off. Used a little alcohol wipe for the excess around the rim of the sticker and it's like it was never there. I think it makes the bike look a little beefier if that makes sense lol. The fairings are kind of small in comparison to SS bikes so without the decals I think they look bigger. I'll take some pics soon.

SAFE-T

Not sure who was asleep in the graphics department at Yamaha some days, but if you have a black 2009 you can swap out the decals for the gold ones on the 2010 and add some gold rim stripes or powdercoat your wheels and have a much better looking machine.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member