Dead End!

Jago9

So it was a beautiful September day here in the MidWest, I just bought my shiny new 2011 FZ6R Copper. Past my MSF course with the highest score might I add, had my insurance, license, and full gear. Cruising around town feeling like a million bucks and a bad A$$, I decide to ride over to my friends house to show her my new bike. Of course I decide to take the more scenic route, riding along just fine and take a wrong turn onto a dead end street. Feeling a little nervous because I hadn't practiced slow speed U-turns on my new bike only the 250's they give you in class. I of course don't lean and turn the bike nearly enough, nor counter balance it and target fixate on the giant curb that I am headed torwards. Like an idiot I grab way too much front break and pretty much do a small stoppie. I fall over on to the left hand side, but luckily managed to brace my leg on the concrete and slowly drop the bike on its left side. after picking my face up off of the ground, I pick my bike up, inspect the small scrape on the clutch lever, curse my self for falling, start my bike back up and continue on my mary way. Albeit a lot more humbler than when I first set off.

Spunky99

Past my MSF course with the highest score might I add
Actually the lower the score is better. They give you points for every mistake you make on the test so a ZERO is the highest possible score...it's like golf....;)

We know what you mean tho.....nice job!:D

JSP

Super Moderator
Yup, those slow u-turns will get ya. ;) I would go practice in a lot somewhere without any distractions. Practice makes perfect. Glad you did not hurt her :thumbup:

Now that you got that out of the way, it should be smooth sailing :D.

One other thing to not forget... The kickstand :cool: Or why will the bike not start??? - kill switch.

toofless

Actually the lower the score is better. They give you points for every mistake you make on the test so a ZERO is the highest possible score...it's like golf....;)

We know what you mean tho.....nice job!:D
ha, ouch

didnt even know there was a score, just know i passed...

Jago9

Oh trust me, i practice each time I ride, slow speed U-turns are a cake walk nowadays.
Every ride out, I try and practice something, whether its, smoother shifting, braking, cornering, slow speed maneurvers. Practice makes perfect.

Oh yeah just caught my mistake on that, and since I suck at golf also, I guess I am par for the course.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

txjames

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

roadrat

U turns are actually a pretty advanced skill, so don't feel bad jago. The only times I ever came close to dumping the bike were U turns and maneuvering my bike in and out of the garage, lol. :rolleyes:

anson650

Humbling isn't it!
Jerry "motorman" Palladino, ridelikeapro.com, teaches use of the rear brake while keeping the clutch in the friction zone (slipping the clutch) during u-turns, and powering through them. I'm still trying that.
Glad you were not hurt,
Anson