Damn it!

Ravinx

So put new Power3's on the bike yesterday, due to a nail in the tire. Tire decided to go flat whilst on the highway at about 65mph. bikes fine, I'm fine, got it off the road b4 I became splatter. So onto my title. Shop tells me chain is shot and rear sprocket is shot. So my question is anyone have a new chain and sprocket set lying around. I really do not want to pay 200 for a new set. I will if I have to from the dealer but I figured I would ask here first. FML:facepalm:

Up note: These Power3's Freaking rock. They aren't broken in yet need another 75mi or so. Yet I can already tell/feel the tires hold better. not bad for 350 for the set. FTW :thumbup:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Ravinx

Did you inspect your chain and sprockets yourself or just going by what the shop said?
14k+ miles on the bike. I took a look after they said something. the rear sprocket is shark fined a bit. and the chain had a pretty decent tight spot. I took the chain off and am soaking it in pb blaster and seems to be working at degritting the links. once that's done I will degrease is to remove the pb blaster and re-lube. I Should get a few hundred more miles out of the sprockets and if all goes right the chain will be fine. I am still going to change the chane when I change the sprockets. I am thinking of going up a tooth in the front.

latony007

14k+ miles on the bike. I took a look after they said something. the rear sprocket is shark fined a bit. and the chain had a pretty decent tight spot. I took the chain off and am soaking it in pb blaster and seems to be working at degritting the links. once that's done I will degrease is to remove the pb blaster and re-lube. I Should get a few hundred more miles out of the sprockets and if all goes right the chain will be fine. I am still going to change the chane when I change the sprockets. I am thinking of going up a tooth in the front.
is that the one that lowers your revs? I do notice that when im on the freeway im cruising most the time close to 7500 rpm. You must lose something on the other end when you do that right? Can you just slap a chain on like an old bike? I assume you must need some chain tool or something?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Ravinx

yeah 1 tooth up in the front lowers your rpm by about 1k or 1.5k. but you also gain overall top end. Starts could feel a little laggy so I am told.