Cool Route Planner Site

ajcatx

ry-mac75

They have an app for that...

If you've got an iPhone - I strongly suggest you download the "Greatest Road" app.... Outlines all sorts of great roads all over North American. Just find where you're at or going to be, hit search and it'll show you were to ride.

Enjoy!

fstrthan_uthink

Yea MotoWhere is awesome...

Tyre looks REALLY cool, I don't have a GPS on my bike (yet), so right now I just open google maps, print out the general area, add notes and highlight the route I want to take. Course I gotta stop if I get lost :p

Harley-Davidson has a great ride planner for motorcycle rides. You can save your rides, publicize them, and also see others that people have created. In addition, some of the routing options allow you to avoid interstates, etc.

H-D Ride Planner Overview

Slick

Maps, Maps, Maps!

While I use Google Maps for route planning, I have found great local maps published by motorcyclists. I highly recommend AmericaRidesMaps for anyone wanting detailed maps of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Deal's Gap and the Cherohala Skyway. (Western NC, SC, North Georgia and Virginia.) Most of these maps are $6 each. Great detail, loop rides marked, the works.

I have ridden a lot in Texas Hill Country, and found county maps to have good detail for roadways, but lacking on amenities listings. (And I avoid Austin while on the bike!)

latony007

thanks for passing these on will check them out. Especially when heading into unfamiliar territory. Also check out an app called mytrax. keeps track of your ride, shows you on a map where you have been, how long you were gone, average and top speed, elevation, etc. etc.

For those of you that say you dont have GPS i highly recomend a blue tooth helmet. You will never go back. You can get the GPS direct from your phone and Its great to not have to look or worry about directions the girl just chirps in your ear when to "turn left, turn left" :) the music options is also fantastic as well as the rider to rider and you can get one for about 150 with it built in. check out the vcan 136 or jafrum has a cheaper one as well. for a little nicer check out oneil or torc.

buzzbomb

Elite Member