Clip ons

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fraze

I put a set of Woodcrafts on a week or so ago (the Woodcraft 41mm with 1.5" rise) ... Everything that's been said about them already by those who have done it is bang on. I dropped the front end 1.5" and the combination of that and the bars is sweet...its like a whole new bike and oh how it handles, very nimble and tight. I had it up to ~140 and with my hands off the bars it was straight and smooth, no issues at all. The great looks aside (if that's your thing) the cornering improvement you get from this combination is incredible. Highly recommended. The step by step sticky on here makes it easy to do yourself if your handy. ***Oh by the way, for anyone who's done this; what if anything did you do to "plug" the holes left by the old risers?

A few pics...

Before

After

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fraze

Here ya go, The package contains the clips that ended up working. I tried a few different things and these look and fit great.
ok, those look perfect. Thanks. They appear automotive (Nissan), where did you get them? I'm assuming a NAPA or similar carry's them?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Brent27

I put a set of Woodcrafts on a week or so ago (the Woodcraft 41mm with 1.5" rise) ... Everything that's been said about them already by those who have done it is bang on. I dropped the front end 1.5" and the combination of that and the bars is sweet...its like a whole new bike and oh how it handles, very nimble and tight. I had it up to ~140 and with my hands off the bars it was straight and smooth, no issues at all. The great looks aside (if that's your thing) the cornering improvement you get from this combination is incredible. Highly recommended. The step by step sticky on here makes it easy to do yourself if your handy. ***Oh by the way, for anyone who's done this; what if anything did you do to "plug" the holes left by the old risers?

A few pics...

Before

After

What grips do you have on there?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fraze

I searched online. Don't remember where I ordered them. Someone else used them and found them from their description. If you Google it I'm sure you can find them.
Thanks again for the info! I would have never thought to use something like those. I managed to find these at a local NAPA for $1.79 (3 per pack) ... this may be the cheapest thing I ever buy for my bike :)

Last edited:

jaycem91

Question.

I'm looking into this mod for my FZ6R, just curious if when lowering the front end does the suspension allow for enough play so that the front fender doesn't hit if you hit a bump of some sort?
I've heard that you have to raise the horn up just a bit..

Also does it create more vibration in the handlebars?

Thanks!

Fraze

With over 3000kms now since putting my Woodcrafts and lowering the front, I have had zero issues and for me, its been perfect..and yes, I did have to move the horn a bit, no biggie at all. I also replaced my grips with a gel grip which added some comfort. I should note: I also have RaceTech front springs and 15/wt oil, so that helps improve with the mushy stock front end (if a stiffer ride is what you are after). I can't speak to clip-ons and lowering WITH the stock forks and oil...never had that setup.

eNigma17

I'm about to put the clip-ons on. That sounded redundant. lol

My current set up are Renthal Ultra Low bars with Pro Grip and shorty levers.

I'll have the Renthal bar for sale soon and I have a pair of sealed, brand spanking new Pro Grips!

I guess I am uncool since I opted for heated grips for the clip-ons.