Change bike colors?

Nyuu

Didn't want this to be my first post here, but I'm running out of time to make a buying decision so can't start with introductions.

I've found a bike in my area for a really good deal, saving around 1000-2000 dollars compared to everything else I've found within 10 hours of my location. My ONLY complaint is that it's white instead of the raven color scheme. I've searched and searched the forums and google trying to find out how much it would cost to have it converted to the raven style, but apparently I can't word the question in a way that'll get me answers.

So, how much would it cost to have it switched from white to raven? Will I come out ahead buying the white one for 1000-2000$ less and switching it? Or should I spend the extra money on an already-raven bike?

Appreciate the help!

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

RooKie

Either wait, or just deal with the white. Switching colors would mean either paint or buying all new fairings. Then your savings is gone.
Agreed. It'll cost you around the same to purchase the white FZ and have it custom painted to raven as it would be to get the raven right away. In this case I would just go with the bike that has the best overall package (ie: newest tires, least miles, service records, mods, etc).

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Nyuu

Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

So it seems to me like I might as well buy the raven if it ends up having the better package. I'll compare them both some more and possibly flip a coin. Thanks again.

bobby bo bonsin

Whats wrong with white? I think its one of the best colors and it will stay cleaner looking than black. But hey if ya dont like ya dont like it i guess huh?

Nyuu

Whats wrong with white? I think its one of the best colors and it will stay cleaner looking than black. But hey if ya dont like ya dont like it i guess huh?
It's not that I don't like white, I would just rather have a black FZ6R. My ideal order would be black, blue, white, then all the other choices. So I could definitely be 99% happy with white, I was just curious how expensive 100% would be :)

bobby bo bonsin

I hear ya. Id still go with the white if yiur gonna save that much though. Youll learn to love it :D

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Alex6

I would either just go for the bike as mentioned before with the best current "package" or wait for the black. When you spend this much $ on a product, you dont want to feel later on that you "settled" for something. You want to be regret free.

Price point to keep in mind. Whole new fairing set will be atleast $1600 usually.
$580-720 total Side cowlings pending where get (for both of them)
$500-600 front fairing
100-200 Rear side fairings.

On another note, white and black two tone would look pretty cool also and could work because of the black plastic parts too! Thus making you only buy 1-2 fairing parts pending what you wanted black...

GLW/ Decision.
Good idea. And you can sell the unwanted plastics here on this forum.

Nyuu

Those are good points. Yea I think I've decided on the white. Looking at it more, it really does have the whole package. Very close to me, 4k miles, excellent condition, and only about 4000$. And as you said, I can two-tone it and make back some of that cost. I also do really like the white bike, I would just prefer black, but in the end looking at it I know I won't regret it at all.

Thanks everyone :)

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

6R Blackout

flat black prime your farings with rattle cans for the win.... if ur not gonna do that its not worth it the ravens are for sellouts anyways lol jk jk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Ravens aren't for sell outs, Ravens are the fastest and for the best!:D

A

Anant

You could try a paint shop - but you should find someone with experience in bikes. Also, the bike would have to be dismantled all the way down to the frame, then put back together. It can be done and people do it, but it can get expensive. The manufacturer might be able to help. Bike Images

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BF12fz6r

I Purchased the Raven even though I wanted the white because the deal I got was stupid to pass up. I still have not gotten the white I wanted but that's why I use pasti dip so i can always change my color!:D:D:D:D:D:D

AK_FZ

Sorry for contributing to the old thread bump, but I think this may be useful for others in the future with a question like the OP asked.

Can't believe no one has suggested a vinyl wrap yet. They are a great alternative to having something painted, and are considered temporary. The other nice thing about them is that they protect the original paint from a lot of damage, and peel off when you want to go back to stock.