camera mount

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nice resourcefulness!! :thumbup:

JSP

Super Moderator
Very nice. What kind of camera is that? Sucks I painted my windshield haha, cant use it right there.

MikeN02

Nice! I had to mount my camera in my helmet, not really dangerous as I can see but it looks dangerous to other people.

I am still deciding between the:

Sony Bloggie, Flip Ultra HD, and the Vado HD.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! I had to mount my camera in my helmet, not really dangerous as I can see but it looks dangerous to other people.

I am still deciding between the:

Sony Bloggie, Flip Ultra HD, and the Vado HD.
Don't forget that the GoPro Hero HD is a really nice camera as well.

MikeN02

That was my first choice, but I didn't really want a camera sticking out the side of my helmet...

Plus a camcorder $100 - 200 max compared to a true sport camera $300...

A lot of money...

JonKerr

Elite Member

FitZ6R

I bought a new GoPro 5 mp on eBay for $120. It's fun, a little bit of a novelty I guess, but it also has lots of other uses (underwater, sports, doggy cam, etc).

Lots of people spend more that that on purely cosmetic moto mods, which isn't my thing, but to each her/his own! :thumbup:

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

I know a lot of people like to video themselves riding, but to me, I' rather spend that $200-$300 on something else. I know a lot of guys have the GoPro and they take incredible footage. But unless you're on the track and trying to critique your lines, I just don't see the point.

I do know a guy who runs on the track all the time and has someone follow him with the camera so he can watch himself and critique not only his lines, but his form. But for regular street riding, just seems like a lot of money for very little return. Just my $.02.
It's more of a memory thing for me, I took photography in High School so I love taking pictures for memories to look back upon.

So it's the same thing for me when it comes to riding, I like to video tape friends or so when we ride in groups to show all our other friends and family a little bit about the motorcycle world, show off the speed a little, and it's great to look back upon one day when you grow old and hang up the helmet.

My friend/ex manager at work whose a older guy said he used to ride back in the day, and he would never think about doing it present day. He said he was young and loved danger.

goldenguy422

Brilliant idea. I'll be doing something similar. Thanks.

flyingminno

Just made my own from a bicycle handlebar mounted reflector, removed the reflector and inserted the bolt. though I later realized that due to my painted windscreen, I can only use that to record the side view or point it towards me. :p

matt_not_andrew

I tried something similar last year when I went to Wales in the summer for a week. Link below is the one I followed:
HOWTO: Cheap Camera Handlebar Mount
I couldn't find a camera threat bolt so I used the top of one of those small camera flexi tripods you can buy at camera shops. I bolted it to the gizmo above and it worked well.

Since then I've got a Go Pro wide which I use on my off road bike and occassionally on my bike mounted to my helmet. They have one of the best mounting systems of all the current helmet cameras. We're going to Scotland this summer for 10 days and I'm going on my XJ6 so I'll put some pics up here.

Best use I've found so far for the Go Pro was to record my puppy when I left her alone in the kitchen. I soon realised that it is impossible to puppy proof your house to a determined puppy!!!

MikeN02

pictures?
Like I mentioned before, It may look dangerous but it's not. I can see fairly well and you don't really notice it unless you look at the camera.

Just used my brother's camera to record some friends riding, youtube is processing my video. Thing that sucks is I have to record vertically, and when I edit the video I can then turn it horizontally. But I think I lose some image quality.

Total cost: $0

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIfVe2CHFV4"]YouTube- FZ6R and ZX6R[/ame]

Last edited: