Black Widow Headers: How Do They Work?

MadMaxx

Just wondering, cause I would think that anything which causes a significant increase in HP, would change air flow significantly enough that one would have to adjust fuel flow... I could see if they advertised it as simply an altered header to put slip-ons on, but they say performance improvements come as well...

TN6R

Just wondering, cause I would think that anything which causes a significant increase in HP, would change air flow significantly enough that one would have to adjust fuel flow... I could see if they advertised it as simply an altered header to put slip-ons on, but they say performance improvements come as well...
Yes you would need to run a fuel map on a power commander fuel controller or PCV to compensate for it.

conor09fz6r

I'm running a full black widow exhaust system and K&N air filter on my 09, and just ordered a power commander v. I'm wondering if you know which map on power commander's website would fit my set up the best?

speed19

I got the delkevic mini full exhaust on mines. No power commander, I did take it to the shop and got it tune, they rich it up coz it was running lean.

not really sure if power commander would make a difference on the bike