Bike finally dropped :(

aburnett

So... I get a call from my wife while at work who got a call from a neighbor that my bike is laying on the ground. First time the bike has been dropped. Has anybody had their bike pushed over by the wind? It is pretty windy here today, but I wouldn't think it was windy enough to push over the bike. I am also wondering if having the cover somehow helped by catching the wind. Not much damage, as you can see from the pics, but didn't want it laid down in this fashion. It was so heart breaking to see my first bike like this.

Attachments

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

brownwa

Thank goodness the sliders did their job. If it was only the peg and bar end that were scuffed I think you got off easy. One of my buddies had his Ducati Monster on its center stand and it vibrated itself onto its side. That was an expensive drop by comparison.

Turn your wheel all the way to the right. Whichever direction the wheel is turned while parked causes the wheel to act like a brace. If you want to brace right, turn the wheel to the right. Another alternative is to park the right side of the back wheel against the curb at a 45 degree angle. That way the curb is bracing the right side of the bike.

Again your pics make me a believer in frame sliders and I'm glad they were the first mod to go on my bike.

aburnett

Im located on Fort Meade. The cover is the only way I can see it tipping over. Three other bikes on my street had their bikes kickstand bracing against the wind. Mind just happen to be on the side the wind was coming from.

I am pretty sure I got away with minor damages, just scuffed up bar end, foot peg, and frame slider. The slider was one of the first things I put on my bike as well. There really isn't any damage that needs replacing.