awesome weekend

latony007

the weather was so perfect for riding this weekend i had to get out both days. Took the wife and cruiser on saturday to the beach and then took the FZ through the same route on Sunday. Will be back at it again i am sure this weekend, the following weekend i will be at the nascar race. Hope its hitting temps you east coasters can get back out!

To all the socal guys that were supposed to meet up on Sunday, blame Murals LOL

Attachments

Last edited:

RoadTrip

the weather was so perfect for riding this weekend i had to get out both days. Took the wife and cruiser on saturday to the beach and then took the FZ through the same route on Sunday. Will be back at it again i am sure this weekend, the following weekend i will be at the nascar race. Hope its hitting temps you east coasters can get back out!

To all the socal guys that were supposed to meet up on Sunday, blame Murals LOL
Nice gear selection, looks good. I been shopping for some Spring flare myself, man what a pain deciding what to buy (ended up with white gloves). What helmet is that?

latony007

Nice gear selection, looks good. I been shopping for some Spring flare myself, man what a pain deciding what to buy (ended up with white gloves). What helmet is that?
Thanks, thats what i just did, my other helmet and winter jacket are all black (which you can see in the cruiser picture) so thought i would get something to match the bike a bit more and needed something for summer.
i love that helmet for 3 reasons, one it matches the bike perfectly with white black and red, second it has the built in sun visor and 3rd it has built in bluetooth which is awesome, the music works perfect and the helmet to helmet communicator works good at low speeds. its a torc t12 and it was about 250. jacket is a mesh vega from jafrum and i really like it, fits great seems very tough, has the lvl 3 armor and was priced very well.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Wow, like the flushmounts and lights in the scoops! LOL! Wish I could be out riding. Today was warm enough, but rainy. Yesterday was beautiful. Unfortunately I still can't ride. :( Tomorrow is supposed to be high in the 20's and windy as hell. March is such a wacky month here. Following tomorrow are days in the 40's and 50.
Thanks, the flushmounts and leds were all my idea LOL :)
well its supposed to be in the 70s and 80s for the next 10 days at least, then when i am at the race for the weekend it will rain and i will be pissed lol

Hope the healing is going well and you will be out on that bike soon, except if its outside how that affect the battery? assume you have no tender outside and since its been nothing but snow out there.... Its a pain in the butt trying to get my back bike out of the garage without moving the first bike but neither of them will ever see a night outside, dont have the snow problems but the sun kills everything around here.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Bike is covered and out of the elements. I have battery tender, but we never got power run to where it's stored. Battery life can be affected by cold, but I should be fine. I can always charge on the tender when I get her out. Probably will this weekend though. That way I know where I stand with her. I actually bought an expensive shed specifically for the bike, but wouldn't have power there either. My father-in-law suggested the back annex to his large workshop shed. He said we could add a door which we hadn't gotten around to since building it and add power. So I agreed to let him store stuff in my shed. Well we never did the door or power so I'm kind of pissed and he has a chipper/leaf vaccum in there too so it's crowded in there (tools and other stuff in there too). I assumed the bike would be alone in there. I'm going to rearrange the garage to fit it in there or take back my shed. I'd obviously prefer the garage since it won't ever get to freezing in there. It does reside there in the summer since it's easy to get in and out. Winter time my father-in-law stores the tractor (always there) and snowblower in there (not normally there) so that it's always ready when it snows. I am thinking it would be better to store that in the shed where my bike resided. Snowblower is meant to be in the f'n elements. Sorry, end rant!!!! LOL
I think i would be slightly more irritated than you if my bike got booted for a snow blower LOL. A nice car or something i could understand but a snow blower? Id be out there changing that up right now !

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

D52

Wow, like the flushmounts and lights in the scoops! LOL! Wish I could be out riding. Today was warm enough, but rainy. Yesterday was beautiful. Unfortunately I still can't ride. :( Tomorrow is supposed to be high in the 20's and windy as hell. March is such a wacky month here. Following tomorrow are days in the 40's and 50.
No better on this side of the state either... Almost 70 yesterday and now we have an advisory for wind chills down to -15.

Wanted to take a quick ride, even with all the potholes, gravel, and salt still on the roads, and eventually I gave in to temptation, though my "quick" ride ended up being almost an hour. :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

D52

Yeah, roads are horrid this year. It has been one of the worst winters I can remember in recent time. I just had my 2nd hand surgery 3 weeks ago, so my right wrist is still pretty sore, but I am getting tempted to go out for a quick ride. Maybe this weekend at least down the road quick.
Ouch. What happened? (If you don't mind me asking) Hope you recover quickly!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

but I am getting tempted to go out for a quick ride. Maybe this weekend at least down the road quick.
Go for it! It will get the juices flowing and then you will be really anxious to get back on for good !

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

D52

At the very least I want to get her out and fired up since she's sat since October. I may clean her up a bit as well. Supposed to be low 50's Saturday which is the warmest in the near forecast. Certainly not summertime, but one of the warmer days this year.
If it's not going to injure the area, I say go for it as well. Taking the bike for a little ride will negate that lingering pain!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member