Anyone think a stock fz6 rear fender will fit?

PVD_FZ6R

Does anyone know if a fz6 real fender will work on the "r" (w/ some modifications of course). There is a company that is selling a really nice looking one for €143.00 specifically for the "r".

I'm thinking some clever modification to the fz6 version w/ a nice rattle can black gloss specifically for plastic could work. Any thoughts?

tractorboy

Now thats the Question I was wondering. The fear hugger fender would be SWEET on our bike!!

Im curious too!!

Todd:rockon:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
If you could find one pretty cheap, I'd say go for it. Or, if you know anyone with an FZ6 that would be willing to remove theirs and let you test fit it to see if it is even worth the effort, that would be even better!

Let us know how it goes!

D

dean owens

wouldn't y'all have an issue with the "gear linkage"? i thought someone posted not too long ago that they were getting oil from the chain on their paints and it was because your chain guard doesn't cover the whole chain. and it can't because of the gear linkage. that'd be the first thing you have to figure out. other than that i have nothing for ya.

M

madmanmaigret

Someone with a FZ6R take a pic of your swing arm from multiple angles and that will give us a pretty good idea. I have been all over the rear of a fz6 but not the "R"

I can't see a rear fender being too expensive......ron ayers here I come.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
M

madmanmaigret

It is going to take some modification where you shock is mounted. I cant see the sprocket side if there is any more problems there. It also looks like you would have to drill into your swingarm and thread the holes for mounting hardware.

M

manas12

It is going to take some modification where you shock is mounted. I cant see the sprocket side if there is any more problems there. It also looks like you would have to drill into your swingarm and thread the holes for mounting hardware.
This is exactly what I was thinking. If the R does not have mount points on the swingarm, you will have to drill holes to mount the rear hugger. I don't think there will be any clearance issues with the shock, it seems to be at an angle where it meets the swingarm.

You can try it out as you can't really go wrong with $20.

cbzdel

hoping for good new on this thread :thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

PVD_FZ6R

The FZ6 rear fender arrived and based upon a my gut instinct - it doesn't look good amigos. It has a slight semi-circle molded on the front lip near the chain side which will look strange (even after I cut into it to). I'm going to remove the existing chain guard and see if I can make it work but it's not looking good.

tractorboy

Oh crappers........I really thought it would work...it looks close but I know how CLOSE goes!!

PVD_FZ6R

Looks like the Europe XJ6 has rear huggers from Yamaha. Maybe they were listening to us after all. A bit steep at £139.99. Also spotted this radiator cover - hope they make a FZ6R version.