Another fz6r goes by by

tkrechel

Was a great bike and I'm really gonna miss her but I was able to get a brand new 2012 r1 for 10,100. Couldn't pass up between 3 to 4 grand savings on my dream bike. They gave me 5 grand for my 2012 white fz6r in trade. I think I made out ok! Thanks so much for this wonderful forum and the wonderful people on it. I will still be doing plenty of reading on here, the people on here are just too cool to not stop in from time to time and see how things are going. Ride safe everyone!

Here is the new girl before I pick her up tomorrow!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383793244.103103.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383793256.091961.jpg

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

Sweet! Congrats!!

tkrechel

The R1 has been one of my dream bikes for a while. Have you ridden it yet? How tough is the jump from sport/touring/commuting FZ6R to race liter?
Haven't ridden this one yet because I pick it up tonight. I have ridden one r1 about 4 years ago and it's so much fun. If you have logged decent experience on the 6r I don't feel that it's too big of a jump in progression. I'm 37 and have a level head and respect the power of the bike so I know I should be ok. I think as long as the person making the jump has common sense the transition should be great! The riding position is so much different but to me it's not uncomfortable at all. I can see being able to do hour plus sessions without having too bad of discomfort. Just depends on the person I'd say.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

jearnshaw

Have to say you did pretty well on the trade in value on your bike. I looked at trading my 2012 in today and with less then 300 bucks in damage from a low speed slide and over 9000 miles they only wanted to give me $3500 for my bike.

But yeah congrats on the new ride!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member