Another exhaust comparison video

BorisBasher

Very informative video buddy, sounds loud and mean . would be interesting to see what a modded airbox and modded factory exhaust sound like paired together.

lark

so I watched your youtube video and then clicked on another airbox mod video where they just drilled holes in a K&N filter, then at the end of the video it states that the airbox mod forces the engine to run lean at lower RPM and a juicebox or power commander is required. Do you have one T?
:)

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

lark

I have a power commander. I have heard with a tuned map you will be alright, but without a tune you run lean sometimes. With that said, a local FZ guy has been running about 2 years with no tune and no problem.

IMO if you don't do exhaust, open airbox sounds awesome on our bikes with no other mods. I dont mean a few holes, but OPENED up!
Any experience with the open air box with an exhaust? is that a no no? Getting hooked up with an M4 as my christmas present :)

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

lark

Did you watch the video? I did different runs with stock airbox, viper exhaust, and silenced exhaust. All the exhausts will pretty much sound the same, only difference is gonna be volume. I ran exhaust and open airbox about 1,500 miles. I prefer exhaust sound with stock airbox.

You SHOULD run a tune with any intake or exhaust mod
Sorry :) did watch video halfsies, was at work and multitasking.