6' 4" with clip ons.

ZInfiniti

Hello everyone, ive been sifting this forum for a few weeks, reading through endless information about clip ons. (I apoligize for starting another one.) Im coming from an old cbr f4i and loved the feel of that bike and want to slightly replicate it . My problem is, I'm 6' 4", so lowering the front doesnt seem like a great idea as I'm already a little cramped.
Do any of you other tall riders have any discomfort after adding clip ons?
Thank you!

RJRinker

Unfortunately i can't imagine you'll be as comfy as the f4i with the clip ons. The issue is that the tank on the fz6r tank is tall. I have a 06 cbr1000rr and the tank on it is 2.5 inches lower.. Which makes the fz6r a bit of a pain to tuck for long periods without discomfort. Unless you wanna sit on the passenger seat which would put you level with the tank! Lol There are clip ons that don't lower the front though. The adapter plate style that goes on top of the risers. Then there's the clamp style that can go underneath the triple tree with risers themselves. Those kinda look meh to me.. My bike was lowered when I got it. I didn't really like the way it handled. So I brought it back up to stock height and it felt much better (to me). Depsite tip toeing now. I'm only 5"5' so can't give you a great perspective. I just know I ride the FZ6R daily and it's comfy the way it is. I can't daily my CBR. Traffic's a killer when you lean up and down constantly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ZInfiniti

Thank you! Yeah, the comfort on the cbr was perfect to me.
I will definitely look into the first ones you mentioned. I also want to look into somehow having a higher seat position. Maybe I'll Fab a better bracket up.

RJRinker

You could probably add some padding and raise your seat a lil. There's alot of guys that have done it for comfort. It maybe my next move as I tend to go numb after a couple hours. Also check where your seats set. There are two positions for it. A high and low position. If you do end up going with the bracket clip on definitely post some pics. I've been thinking about making one for myself. I'm a machinist [emoji16].

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ZInfiniti

Its in the high position. I'll hopefully start making one on Monday. I have a shop full of goodies a friend of mine lets me use. Possibilities are endless with the right equipment and enough time. Thank you for the help

mark

i am 5'10" and found it a bit cramped so i made rear set plates out 6 mm 1/4" plate stopped the hip pain and the back bend too

mark

the rear set plates set the pegs back 40 mm 1 3/4"my knee slides into the fold of the tank ,frame and front fairing nicely