50/50 Yellow Riding Boots

longicolnus

I've been looking all over the place for some nice riding boots and really havent been able to find a good pair of boots with yellow accents on them that werent the quadrant style that they use for motorcross. I've mainly been looking online at the motorcycle superstore and a couple other places.

I ride the yellow fz6r and I'm curious if anybody has found any boots that really look good with the bike? Or have any suggestions on where else I could look?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I've been looking all over the place for some nice riding boots and really havent been able to find a good pair of boots with yellow accents on them that werent the quadrant style that they use for motorcross. I've mainly been looking online at the motorcycle superstore and a couple other places.

I ride the yellow fz6r and I'm curious if anybody has found any boots that really look good with the bike? Or have any suggestions on where else I could look?
I was looking for yellow as well, but came to the conclusion that either all black or white boots would look nice as well.

JSP

Super Moderator
Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

I have hiking boots now, they more than adequately cover my ankles (I've had weak ankles my whole life, so even before riding I always had high tops or 3/4 length boots).

The reason I want riding boots is because of better wear and tear vs. standard boots during normal riding (pavement tears up hiking boots...). My hiking boots soles are getting rubbed in certain areas because they were meant for walking, not putting down on pavement during stops/takeoffs.
But yes, I agree with you, better to spend money up front... than at a hospital. I'd never wear just tennis shoes or.... flip flops:rof:
Do your hiking boots have a steel plating on the toe as well? + Standard motorcycle boots look better for everyday wearing.

I'd never wear flip flops, it just hurts to shift on bare skin and I don't like the look of those shifter socks.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Think I've seen them before... they do get some god deals....

I guess I should also clarify... I've found a SIDI boot or two I like... would love to see it go on sale. The TCX's look very comparable... will just have to decide and do it.
I tell you what... The TCX boots are fantastic!! I have had a pair of the X-Square boots for 1.5 years and I wear them all day everyday. They are SO freaking comfortable that I experience no foot, leg or back pain. I hope to grab up some of the TCX Competizione S boots before they are sold out or go off sale. Also, they seem to employ the same ankle protection that the Puma 1000's do, limiting hyper-extension in all 4 directions but at a way better price!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
How are they on sizing? I have a 9 1/2 foot... I've heard of ppl going to a 10 and just wearing thicker socks.

Thanks for the info
For the boots I have, they are about spot on for sizing. I usually wear an 8.5 street shoe, and my boots are a size 8-8.5 US/42 Euro. And I believe the video at the bottom of the page states that the sizes run true with street shoes.