2012 FZ6R Recall (July 2013)

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

Let the jokes begin....

So I get a letter from Yamaha, in MY name about an engine recall. It's my own stupid fault for not reading it thoroughly. I just scanned through it and saw key words like '2012 Yamaha Motor' 'faulty gasket' 'gas leak' and so on.

I grab the letter and am about to head to the dealer when I start reading it more carefully. A few sentences in I saw the word 'outboard.'

It was a recall for my Dad's pontoon motor, which (unbeknownst to me) also has a Yamaha engine. For some reason it came in my name instead of his, although I have no ties to that boat whatsoever. They must've got the names Danielle and Daniel mixed up.

In my defense, the only thing in that whole letter that was boat related was the word 'outboard' which I must have scanned over. Feeling pretty stupid right now haha.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::eek:
Phew! Sure glad you can't read!!! :p

abyss1406

Party on the pontoon!!!

DragonBlu

Let the jokes begin....

So I get a letter from Yamaha, in MY name about an engine recall. It's my own stupid fault for not reading it thoroughly. I just scanned through it and saw key words like '2012 Yamaha Motor' 'faulty gasket' 'gas leak' and so on.

I grab the letter and am about to head to the dealer when I start reading it more carefully. A few sentences in I saw the word 'outboard.'

It was a recall for my Dad's pontoon motor, which (unbeknownst to me) also has a Yamaha engine. For some reason it came in my name instead of his, although I have no ties to that boat whatsoever. They must've got the names Danielle and Daniel mixed up.

In my defense, the only thing in that whole letter that was boat related was the word 'outboard' which I must have scanned over. Feeling pretty stupid right now haha.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::eek:
Been there, done that,, You're killing me though! Have a better day!

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Johnnydz17

That was def scaring me too! I just purchased mine a month and a half ago! lmao, sucks for your dads boat though! lol Thanks for clearing that up!:thumbup: